eBlast HTML Specifications
1. Email must be in HTML format. Designs should be limited to 600 pixels wide at most. HTML should be coded using tables. Each paragraph should include inline styles and not a css style sheet. Keep coding as simple as possible. HTML coded for a website won't necessarily work for an email.
3. We recommend no more than 50% graphic content. Higher percentages of images have a greater chance of being rejected and not delivered. Email should not be a single jpeg or gif file.
4. Graphics and images should be in jpeg of gif format. Total size of all images combined should not exceed 100kiB to insure optimal transmission and load time. Inclusion of large graphic images affects transmission and download speeds of the recipients of your message. Alternatively, you can host all necessary graphics on your own site and include absolute path URL's in your HTML (recommended).
5. Any text or graphic links must be the absolute path to your site, example: "http://www.yourdomain.com/email-images/header.jpg".
6. Email transmission is in multi-part format so please include a text only version of your email as we send out both HTML and Plaintext Alternative versions for increased open rate. Any non-HTML compliant email address will receive a text only version of your email message. If a text only copy is not provided, an automatically extracted version will be generated which can sometimes cause unintended results in formatting.
7. Broadcast emails may not contain attachments.
8. Text, copy and all graphics should arrive 2 weeks prior to scheduled broadcast date in order to maintain scheduled broadcast date.
9. Please remember to send a subject line. Your subject line is a very important element of your email since it is a key factor in determining if someone will open your email. We recommend a strong subject line that conveys either your special offer or the benefits of your product or services. The general rule of thumb in email marketing is to keep your subject between 35 and 50 characters.
10. Send completed HTML and Plaintext versions of your eBlast to email@example.com.